Share this role
- Oxfordshire County Council
- Attractive salary:
- Closing date:
- 9th October 2022
- Job Ref:
A county full of ideas, innovation and inspiration
Oxfordshire County Council is looking for a chief executive to help its alliance administration deliver a range of ambitious priorities.
Home to over 723,000 residents, Oxfordshire is a vibrant, diverse and innovative county, with a thriving economy. It is home to many beautiful villages; market towns; quiet rural hamlets; as well as the historic city of Oxford and large town of Banbury.
The county is renowned for its research, with Science Vale being an international location for science and technology, concentrated around centres including Harwell Campus, Culham Science Centre and Milton Park. Home to the world-famous University of Oxford and many thousands of successful small, medium and large businesses, the opportunities in Oxfordshire are endless.
As Oxfordshire County Council’s Chief Executive, you will help the administration achieve their vision of making Oxfordshire a green, fairer and healthier county, whilst tackling the challenges that all local authorities face throughout the country. You will work effectively across the whole region, and beyond, working hard to deliver the future together.
With an administration brimming with new ideas and open to challenging the traditional way of delivering services, this is an exceptional opportunity for an existing or aspiring Chief Executive to ensure that we provide the greatest opportunities possible for every resident to live their best life.
For more information, please visit our dedicated microsite by clicking on the button below or contact Frazer Thouard (07384 810 743), Ben Parsonage (07530 578 921) or Rachel Salvia (0207 426 3374) from our retained partners at GatenbySanderson.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Frazer Thouard
- 07384 810 743
- Ben Parsonage
- 020 7426 3960
- Rachel Salvia
- 020 7426 3374